FOR YOUR BITS PTY LTD (BITS, For Your Bits, we, our, us).
We provide the following information to enable you to be fully informed during your visit to BITS.
We collect various personal information when you visit our website and/or when you transact with us. The types of information that BITS collects from you and the situations in which we collect personal information are outlined below.
• If you sign up as a member: we will collect your name and email address. You will not be put on the mailing lists of any third parties.
• If you don’t sign up as a member: we may collect general site traffic data (see the paragraph on ‘When you use our website’ below).
• If you place an order: we collect your name, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number. This information must be provided to allow us to effect delivery of the products that you order, and to contact you if necessary. These details are retained in our database for record keeping purposes. Your email address may also be used to contact you if you discontinue a shopping session. We or our service providers may contact you by email to see if there were any problems and if we can help you to complete your transaction.
• If you pay by credit card: your credit card details are not stored by us. They are encrypted and passed directly to the Bank through our security provider. You can read more about our payment systems and security in the Help section of our website. Any other information you provide at the checkout, such as comments or survey responses is stored by us and is used to better plan future items to add and developments for the website.
• When you use our website: general site traffic data is collected for the purpose of site maintenance and improvement, and provides information about which and how often certain pages are viewed. This helps us to understand what sorts of products our customers are interested in. The data we collect may include your IP address, your approximate geographic location, and data sent to us by your web browser, such as your operating system, browser type and version, computer type, MAC address and screen resolution. Cookies and other tracking technologies are used by us and our third-party partners, such as our advertising and analytics partners (including but not limited to Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographic and Interest Reporting) and our fraud prevention service provides, to provide functionality and to recognise you across different services and devices. You may opt out of sending us cookie data but this may adversely affect your experience using our services.
• When you engage in business with us: BITS may collect personal information from you when you provide it to us in the ordinary course of business, for example when you contract with us or otherwise engage with our business.
• If you make enquiries with us: if you make an enquiry of us online or by phone, we may collect your name and contact details to respond to your enquiry.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you or about you where it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our business functions and activities. We may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalised shopping experience, including without limitation, via social media such as Facebook and Instagram. We will also use your personal information to fulfil and deliver your orders and manage your account.
BITS may disclose your personal information to various third parties who we engage to assist in performing our business activities and functions, including those who help to provide our products and services to you, or as required by law. The third parties we may disclose your personal information to include:
our personnel; manufacturers and suppliers; couriers and delivery contractors; marketing consultants; professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisers and consultants; government bodies and regulatory authorities; fraud prevention providers; mailing houses; data entry service providers; electronic network administrators; payment processors, debt collectors, web hosting providers and IT service providers; credit reporting agencies or bodies; and companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by or who may invest in us.
Direct marketing usage: Where we intend to use your personal information in direct marketing, we will not so use your personal information unless we have received your consent. At all times and as required by law, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any email we send you will contain an unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the e-mail.
When you provide us with your personal information, it is stored in a secure environment that is accessible only by authorised staff.
All personal information held by us will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We will take reasonable steps to:
• make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
• protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through security methods; and
• destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will not be responsible for any unauthorised use of personal information by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control. Further, given that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any (personal or other) information you transmit to us; and as such we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to our platforms being linked to the Internet.
BITS will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
• Name and password
• Email address
• Shipping address
The information that you can view and update may change as the Site changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At your request, BITS will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act applies. For your protection we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request within a reasonable period after you make your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing access to your information when permitted by law. If we delete your information we may not be able to provide goods, services or information to you, or be able to provide them to the same standard as if we had your information.
BITS will retain your information only for as long as is necessary or your account is active or as needed in order to provide you with services. We will also retain and use your information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may inform us of any changes or requests with regard to your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we may update or delete your personal data.
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16. If we become aware that a person under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the details below.
If you would like to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the GDPR you can contact us using the details below. We will look into your complaint and respond promptly in writing notifying you of what we will do in response. If you are unsatisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’). Contact details are on the OAIC website at https://www.oaic.gov.au.
We can be contacted to discuss, update or attempt to resolve any complaints relating to the collection, storage and use of your personal information. To do so, please email us at email@example.com